We are proud to offer our 5-frame nucleus colonies (nucs) directly to our customers – no middle man involved! When you purchase a nuc from us, you will have the opportunity to inspect your nuc upon pickup as well as meet the beekeepers who made this nuc for you!
Our nucs will consist of:
- 2-3 frames of brood
- 1 frame of honey
- 1 frame of foundation for the bees to grow into
- Our bees are Minnesota Hygienic based with a queen bee* that is less than 2 months old
- *The queen bee will be either a Minnesota Hygienic or Saskatraz variety, depending on availability*
- We are using a plastic nuc box design that will create a much better value to you as the consumer and will be reusable for years to come
- Check out the Pro Nuc box here!
We winter our bees in Texas each year to avoid the unpredictable winters in Colorado. We make nucs while we are in Texas during the Spring. Then in May we bring the bees back Colorado for the Summer!
Availability: We list the nucs for sale starting at the end of December or the beginning of January each year. The nucs will be ready for pickup near the beginning or middle of May, depending on your pickup location (see below).
Pickup Location: We have two pickup locations available.
- The first pickup is at our facility in Caldwell, Texas, around the beginning of May.
- The second pickup is at a location near Colorado Springs, Colorado, around the middle of May.
- The exact location and time will be sent in your pickup packet once you have purchased a nuc online.
Want to be the first to know when our 2021 nucs are on their way? Subscribe to our list!
When you purchase a nuc from Lockhart Honey Farms®, you are buying your bees directly from a beekeeper with no middle-man involved. Our company is unique in the fact that when you purchase a nuc from us, you will be able to inspect the nuc before you take it home and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Click the button below to go to our online store, where you can check our nuc availability!